Wednesday, April 7, 2010

oops...

I am obviously not very good at blogging. To be fair, this last month was a bit of a roller coaster. At one point I turned to my roommate and said, "I feel like I'm on an episode of the O.C. Surely there must be a hidden camera following me." To which she replied, "I would watch that show." Aside from the soap opera, I had a good month and have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. I wish I could say I'm looking forward to graduation on May 14th, but maybe I'll get there.
Anyway, I spent spring break in Utah with my sister at BYU. I drove out with a few friends from USC. I had a really great week hanging out with Hilary, relaxing, seeing a few friends from home, and making new friends. Unfortunately, I literally took three pictures. I went to lunch at a very good bar-b-q place with one of my best friends from home, Austin Hatch. It was St. Patrick's Day and they gave us some really good green cornbread!
I went out with the softball team a couple weeks ago to celebrate being named Southern Pacific Champions. We went to Saddle Ranch Chop House on Sunset and had a great time. They have a mechanical bull there and we all got to ride it! That was a first for me, haha. They have really good bar-b-q here too. When I walked in the smell made me feel like I was back home in Austin!
This past weekend I went back to Utah with my friend Dani because we had tickets to both of the morning sessions of conference. She stayed in Provo, but Hilary and I got a hotel in Salt Lake across the street from the temple for Saturday night. We had a great time, especially because Trenton was also in town on a ski trip with the rest of the boys from our home ward in Austin. We had fun hanging out with them Saturday night. Of course, conference was amazing. It was my first time to attend a conference session, and I really enjoyed it. I hope I'll get to go again in October.
The next two weeks will also be a little crazy... this weekend we have a softball tournament in Merced that we're very excited about and the following Wednesday we leave for Georgia to participate in Nationals! Unfortunately on Monday I pulled a muscle in my back pretty badly so I hope it will be good enough to play this weekend and back to 100% for Georgia.
When I get back from Georgia, graduation will be about three weeks away! I can't believe it is all going by so fast, but I am so grateful for the many blessings I have in my life.

1 comment:

  1. 1)What bbq place? Was it Goodwood???
    2)I rode a mechanical bull once.. only once- FUN!
    3)When I lived in Utah I got to go to conference many times, take advantage of it while you're there!!!
    4)Hope your back gets better soon. Lots of rest, stretching and eat your protein.

    ReplyDelete