I miss college Thursdays. I miss my weekend starting on Thursday, whether you wanted it to or not. Half of your friends didn't have class the next day, and if (like me) you were the unfortunate math or science major who always had Friday classes, you either went to the later class time or stumbled over the guests from the night before sprawled out on couches and air mattresses in your apartment early the next morning. Some may have had to work on Fridays, but that didn't matter if you were like me and worked at a lab with a couple frat boys who loved to give you advice on the boys in your life, analyze each other's text messages (be stingy with your winky texts, those are special), and video chat with one of their Egyptian moms. I went out more on Thursdays than I did on Fridays and Saturdays, but the fact that all of my roommates were Jewish probably plays a part in that as well. We didn't always have to go out, though. I miss just ordering sushi, or cuddling up on the couch with my favorites, eating anar and watching When Harry Met Sally or 500 Days of Summer. That one extra night made the weekend infinitely longer.
So, college was fun.
In a few hours, I will be on a plane watching Gone with the Wind until I touch down in my second favorite city, San Francisco. It's the Weekender, and I'm bringing College Thursdays back into my life, at least for this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment