Saturday, February 18, 2012

the rehearsal & bridal luncheon

Mercury Hall had an event the night before our wedding, so we had to do our rehearsal in the morning.  It was actually the first time our families met all together!  This day started off a little dramatic and only continued...  
Many thanks to my bridesmaids Julie and Jasmine, without them I would have zero documentation of any of the events preceding the wedding.



Outside Mercury Hall


Sisters Hilary & Hannah

Rehearsing :)
MOH & flower girls

"rehearsing"

ring bearer Brody and flower girls Bria and Sofia

Bridesmaids Jasmine, Jen, Hannah, and Hilary

My cute siblings

Parks family
Following Mercury Hall, the girls went to the bridal luncheon.  My mom's sweet friend lives near Mt. Bonnell and she hosted a beautiful lunch for us at her house.  I gave my bridal party super cute tote bags my mom made.  The bags were filled with a "bridesmaid survival kit" including band-aids, safety pins, mints, and other things.  I highly recommend this because these items definitely came in handy throughout the next 36 hours.  
                                     



the whole gang - thanks Julie!






The drama of the day included car wrecks, getting pulled over, Matt texting my dad that he and my brother were going to jail, the workers at the salon getting into a brawl (verbally and then physically), credit cards not working, my dad nearly getting stranded at the airport, renewing car registration in Pflugerville, driving to the airport numerous times... and probably more that I'm still not aware of.  On this day, I was most grateful for a family that just laughs and carries on.  It allowed us all to actually have a lot of fun the day before our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment